List of Nobel Prize Winners in India
1. 1902- Ronald Ross,Medicine,Foreign citizens born in India
The Nobel Prize was awarded to Ronald Ross "for his work on malaria, by which he has shown how it enters the organism and thereby has laid the foundation for successful research on this disease and methods of combating it.
2. 1907 - Rudyard Kipling,Literature,Foreign citizens born in India
The Nobel Prize in Literature was awarded to Rudyard Kipling "in consideration of the power of observation, originality of imagination, virility of ideas and remarkable talent for narration which characterize the creations of this world-famous author".
3. 1913 - Rabindranath Tagore, Literature, Citizen of India
The Nobel Prize in Literature 1913 was awarded to Rabindranath Tagore "because of his profoundly sensitive, fresh and beautiful verse, by which, with consummate skill, he has made his poetic thought, expressed in his own English words, a part of the literature of the West".
4. 1930 - C.V. Raman ,Physics ,Citizen of India
The Nobel Prize in Physics was awarded to Sir Venkata Raman "for his work on the scattering of light and for the discovery of the effect named after him".
5. 1968 - Har Gobind Khorana, Medicine, Foreign citizens of Indian origin
Har Gobind Khorana together with other two members awarded Nobel Prize "for their interpretation of the genetic code and its function in protein synthesis".
6. 1979- Mother Teresa Peace, Foreign born citizen of India
The Nobel Peace Prize 1979 was awarded to Mother Teresa.
7. 1983- Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar ,Physics, Indian born American citizen
Received Nobel Prize "for his theoretical studies of the physical processes of importance to the structure and evolution of the stars"
8. 1998- Amartya Sen ,Economic Sciences, Citizen of India
The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel 1998 was awarded to Amartya Sen "for his contributions to welfare economics".
9. 2001 - V.S.Naipaul ,Literature, Trinidadian born British citizen of Indian descent
The Nobel Prize in Literature 2001 was awarded to V. S. Naipaul "for having united perceptive narrative and incorruptible scrutiny in works that compel us to see the presence of suppressed histories"
10. 2009 - Venkatraman Ramakrishnan, Chemistry, Indian born American Citizen
Venkatraman Ramakrishnan together with other two members awarded Nobel Prize"for studies of the
structure and function of the ribosome".
Reference - Wikipedia,nobleprize.org